Venice is acknowledged as one of the worldˇ¦s greatest and most gorgeous
cities of art. It combines a unique system of canals with countless
architectural marvels from the Renaissance to the present.
Situated in a lagoon in northeastern Italy, and criss-crossed by more
than 200 canals and 400 bridges, Venice is world-famous
as the "City of Water". The historic center of Venice, spreading out
from the beautiful Basilica di San
Marco, is built on a group of islets separated from the Adriatic
Sea by a barrier of small islands.
The city is a magnificent open-sky museum that modernity has not
destroyed nor cancelled during centuries. People can enjoy the cityˇ¦s
most evocative views walking trough the several secluded ways or by a
gondola tour, slipping in the canals under many pictoresque bridges.
The city is also world famous for its annual carnaval, which takes
place during the ten days leading up to Shrove Tuesday (2 to 12
Among the beautiful islands Lido
is a promontory 12 kilometres long separating the Adriatic see from the
lagoon. This island is also the place where the Venetians and tourists
have found the necessary equipment to practice different sports such as
tennis, archery and golf; at the Alberoni, in fact, there is one of the
best European golf courses. Alberoni is the last Lido beach. A pleasant
enough beach and free as well. Lido is also popular as during the first
week of September it hosts the famous Venetian film festival.
You can reach Lido from San Servolo taking the same farry that departs
from San Zaccaria, stops at San Servolo and proceeds to Lido.
List of suggested restaurants
- Osteria Al Mascaron Calle longa S.M.Formosa Venezia Castello, 5225, 30122 Venezia Phone 041 5225995
- Osteria da Alberto Calle giacinto gallina Cannaregio, 5401 30121 Venezia, Phone 041 5238153
- Osteria Ae Cravate Santa Croce 36/36, Salizada di San Pantalon, Venezia, Phone 041 5287912
- Trattoria Alla Madonna Calle della Madonna, San Polo, 594, Venezia, Phone 041 5223824
- Locanda Pane Vino e San Daniele Campo dell'Angelo Raffaele, Dorsoduro 1722, 30123 Venezia, Phone 041 5237456
- Ristorante Alla Bitta Calle Lunga San Barnaba, Dorsoduro 2753a, Venezia, Phone 041 5230531
- Osteria La Bottega ai Promessi Sposi Calle dell'Oca, Cannaregio, 4367 Venezia, Phone 041 2412747
- Ai Quattro Feri Calle Lunga de San Barnaba, 2754, 30123 Venezia, Phone 041 5206978
- Oniga Campo San Barnaba, Dorsoduro 2852, 30123 Venezia - Phone 041 5224410
- Osteria da Rioba Cannaregio Fondamenta de la Misericordia 2553, Phone 041 5244379